PST is currently accepting poetry submissions to be considered for publication in the 2022-2023 Tennessee Voices Anthology.
The call for submissions is open to anyone residing in the state of Tennessee (whether a PST member or not) and to non-Tennessee residents who are members of PST.
Submission deadline is January 31, 2023.
Acceptances will be announced April 1, 2023.
Poetry Reading and Monetary Awards
From those selected for publication, 25 authors, in order of their submission dates, will be offered the chance to read their poems at the PST Annual Poetry Festival on April 15, 2023 (Zoom videoconference, 2:00 – 5:00 pm EDT. Details to come soon).
Of the poems selected for publication, three will be chosen by a panel of judges to receive monetary awards: $150/$100/$50.
The review and editorial board that will select poems for publication includes the following PST members: Maria Zoccola, Connie Jordan Green, and Lacy Snapp. If you have shared poetry with these members in a critique group or other setting, please submit a poem that they would not have seen previously.
Submissions are open for any poetic form or subject.
- Non-published poems only and poems not simultaneously in submission elsewhere
- Limit of 1 poem per submitter
- Each submission should include two copies of the poem in either PDF or Microsoft Word format: one copy to include the identification and contact information for the poet (name, address, phone number, and email address) in the upper right hand corner of the page; the upper left hand corner of the page should include the poem form (e.g., “free verse,” “Shakespearean Sonnet,” etc.). The second copy should include only the poem form in the upper left hand corner and the poem and its title (if one), with NO identifying information.
- All submissions should be typed in Times New Roman 12-point font with a limit of 52 characters per line and 40 lines in length
- Submissions should be sent electronically by email to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact Howard Carman at email@example.com or email PST at firstname.lastname@example.org.